« Home | I need to start posting more...things have been re... » | BTW - I have some Gmail invites. E-mail my Gmail a... » | I'm not sure why I'm so fascinated by the entire P... » | I've really been feeling like something has been m... » | Pastor Bashing 101...Man, can I relate to some of ... » | "What was once horrible has now become acceptable,... » | I thought I got rid of the funk on Saturday night.... » | Happy Easter! » | I am really in a funk today, and I don't know why.... » | It's Good Friday and it's snowing here in DeKalb. ... » 

Friday, August 12, 2005 

Once again, I start a post with "Well, it's been a while since I last posted...I need to do this more often..."

This summer has been incredibly hard. With everything going on with my dad's illness, my mom being my mom, and the church being broke, I feel like I need a vacation bad! Unfortunately, I'm not sure when or if that will happen.

The next few weeks don't slow down too much. We have the Streams folks coming in here to do the 101. It should be fun, but I'm tired! The week after that, Cornfest starts! (College kids are back!) We're doing a pancake breakfast and 24 hour prayer during the entire thing.

I really have a good feeling about the 24 hr prayer. The past couple of weeks have felt like the enemy was pressing against us, both the church and my family. I think we are about to break through on something...I have a really good sense about the fall, that most of the stuff that has been holding us down is going to go away and that God is really going to show up.

Now I'm not saying that because I need to think positively, I'm saying that because little things are starting to happen. We have had a string of bad things happen to people (fires, job losses, deaths, etc), but it seems like in most of the case, once they got through it, they were in a better place, both spiritually and physically (and financially for most). I think we are beginning to feel some of the birthing pains of what is going to break loose in the fall. And I think the prayer thing in an important part of it all.

Oh well....I will try (I promise) to write more later...

Locations of visitors to this page
Add to Google
Follow JoeHolda on Twitter
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates