« Home | I found this on Mark Riddle's blog. I find myself... » | Hi, my name is Joe Holda and this is my blog! My ... » | So here it begins....... » 

Tuesday, May 20, 2003 

I often wonder how people like Jordon Cooper do it, posting to their blog daily. I can never find the time.

It has been extremely busy since my last blog! First, Cindy and I were asked to interview for the Senior Pastor position at a local Vineyard. We went through the interview process, and were then asked to preach on Sunday. Surprisingly, Sunday went well (especially since this was the first time I had ever preached on a Sunday morning. I’m more used to teaching classes then preaching). The church that invited us is in the same town we are going to plant in. The pastor decided recently that he wanted to move to Florida, so he resigned. His last day there will be this Sunday. Everyone seemed to be excited that we were there on Sunday and some even made comments that they hoped we would take the church over.

I got a call yesterday from that Pastor. He said that we made a great impression with everyone there. Someone on the Pastor search team read an article somewhere that stated that churches do better if they wait a few months between pastors so that they can develop their own identity. I’m not sure exactly what that means, but they are not going to make a decision on what to do for a couple of months. I wish them well in this decision, but I find myself concerned for them. The church is at about 30 people. They do not have any type of home group / small group in place, everything is Sunday morning. They think that if they bring in some preachers over the next few months, everything will be ok, but I don’t know if they can make it like that…without some form of leadership or vision.

I know that there is a strong move amongst the “emerging church” for a leaderless environment, or a Holy Sprit lead environment, but I think that the body needs to be in agreement for that and there needs to be vision for that. Perhaps that is what the Lord is trying to do for them. I fear that without vision (especially if this model for this church is not from the Lord), how will they survive?

Cindy and I are praying for them, and we will support them any way we can, but we are not going to wait for them to make a decision before we do what God is leading us to do. More to follow…

Locations of visitors to this page
Add to Google
Follow JoeHolda on Twitter
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates