« Home | Pastor Bashing 101...Man, can I relate to some of ... » | "What was once horrible has now become acceptable,... » | I thought I got rid of the funk on Saturday night.... » | Happy Easter! » | I am really in a funk today, and I don't know why.... » | It's Good Friday and it's snowing here in DeKalb. ... » | I HATE HTML!!!I just spent the last 30 minutes try... » | Well, it's been a long time since I've written any... » | It seems like everywhere I go these days, everyone... » | Well, it's Friday night, and I don't have a sermon... » 

Tuesday, April 12, 2005 

I've really been feeling like something has been missing lately. I think we have finally gotten to a point where we have the church turned around (although I wish the finances were better...pray for more $$ to pay rent and bills!). It seems like we have slipped into the same model that we were doing in Cartersville. Although the church seems to be happy with it and we seem to be growing, I just keep on feeling like there must be more. We have become a really nice (and different) church, but I'm not sure we have become a community as of yet.

I had a weird dream the other night where I was sitting on the top of a building with Cindy, my late Uncle Ted, and our youth leaders, Theresa and Jeff. Ted looked at me and said "For as long as I have been here, nothing has changed, don't you have a plan or something?" There was more to that dream, but those words keep resonating in my mind. I thought we had a plan. It just seem to have gotten side tracked in the re-planting process. Perhaps this is the time to relook at the "plan".

We were supposed to be missional...we were supposed to have small groups that were geographically focused...missional churches outside of the main church. The ministry was supposed to happen in the groups, not in the church. In the streets, not in the building. The building was supposed to be more of a community center and less of a Sunday only thing. It was supposed to be a sanctuary, more in the sense of a place of safety and protection, and less in the sense of holy place. That's where we are supposed to be. So now the question, how do we get there?

Locations of visitors to this page
Add to Google
Follow JoeHolda on Twitter
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates