« Home | Distance... » | Thought's before I preach. » | Gettin' going » | Resurection » | Thoughts on the election » | Motivation » | Just sick.... » | Pastor's Appreciation Month » | Disinterest.... » | If I were king of the forest... (Part 2) » 

Saturday, June 27, 2009 

Counting the cost.

I'm preaching on Luke 14 tomorrow. This chapter has been haunting me for the past several weeks. What does it mean to be a follower of Christ? When Jesus says hate my father and mother, wife and children, brothers and sister, even my own life, what exactly is he saying? When he says I need to give up everything does he really mean everything? More on this after I preach.

I've called a members meeting tomorrow to discuss our building. The economy is killing us and things have to change. We need to get our expenses in order soon or else bad things will happen (church by candle light anyone? A cappella or unplugged worship anyone? Anyone?). I wonder if this what is meant by counting the cost? I would be lying if I said I wasn't a little frightened about what might happen tomorrow. It could go well and good things could come out of it, or it could go bad - real bad. If you get a chance, please pray for us tomorrow.

I wish I could be there to help you and the church. Please let me know how things are going and I will continue to pray for you all.

Charlotte

Post a Comment
Locations of visitors to this page
Add to Google
Follow JoeHolda on Twitter
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates