« Home | Book - Muslims, Magic and the Kingdom of God » | Happy New Year! » | What it means to be a follower of Christ... » | Tap, tap, tap. » | Counting the cost. » | Distance... » | Thought's before I preach. » | Gettin' going » | Resurection » | Thoughts on the election » 

Monday, January 04, 2010 

Day Off

I had yesterday off.  We went to Cindy's Grandmother's 86th birthday party yesterday and needed to be in Gurnee by noon which meant there was no chance of me preaching.  Jeff preached - and from what I can tell, the church is still standing.  It's always feels odd when I get a Sunday off.  I never know what to do with myself and my timing for the next week always feels off.


Yesterday was the one year anniversary of what became one of the worst seasons of my life.  There were moments during it all of it that I did not think that we would survive.  It caused me to completely shutdown.  I stopped reading.  I stopped writing.  I stopped leading.  I simply lived on cruise control. 

It has been a year.  That season is over.  It is time to begin anew.

Locations of visitors to this page
Add to Google
Follow JoeHolda on Twitter
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates