« Home | Once again, I start a post with "Well, it's been a... » | I need to start posting more...things have been re... » | BTW - I have some Gmail invites. E-mail my Gmail a... » | I'm not sure why I'm so fascinated by the entire P... » | I've really been feeling like something has been m... » | Pastor Bashing 101...Man, can I relate to some of ... » | "What was once horrible has now become acceptable,... » | I thought I got rid of the funk on Saturday night.... » | Happy Easter! » | I am really in a funk today, and I don't know why.... » 

Saturday, August 13, 2005 

It's Saturday....it's 9pm. I'm waiting for Cindy to finish her stuff, then were done. I finally got my sermon done today...I'm not too happy with it. It feels like something is missing...Although I'm not sure what it is. Whenever I feel this way the night before the sermon usually goes well the next day. Here's praying that happens again.

I find myself really stressed out lately. We need a good offering tomorrow...I need to pay some bills (like my rent!) I feel like we are at a turning point and good things are about to happen, I'm just stressed out until then. Summer's are usually hard...people on vacation and stuff, so it is hard to tell what the health of the church is. In May we were over 100 people (near 120). Now I'm not so sure. I've looked at the fellowship list and I don't think most of them have left, they just don't come every week. Looking at 35 people can really be depressing. I'm praying that they all come back from vacation soon!

Come to think of it.. there used to be more people around... and I never connected with them... It'd be nice if they came back.. and got plugged into a small group.

Post a Comment
Locations of visitors to this page
Add to Google
Follow JoeHolda on Twitter
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates