« Home | Cornfest '08 » | Hope spring eternal. » | A 1 to 0 kind a week » | I'm back » | Welcome Back » | Tap, Tap, Tap..... » | Six Months » | Friday, 9:28pm » | Autumn - in search of a desktop » | Ash Wednesday Labyrinth » 

Monday, August 25, 2008 

Duch Sheets on Lakeland

Interesting comment's from a Dutch Sheets article on Lakeland:

These things were frightening, very frightening, to others and me.
When something has the potential of setting precedent, birthing a
movement and being reproduced as a prototype, we are no longer
simply endorsing good brothers, good intentions and miracles.
Doctrine and foundations will be built on these events. Teachings
and paradigms for future ministries will be formed-in short, the
next generation of the church and the move of God in the earth
could be greatly impacted. This is why I stopped short of endorsing
everything at Lakeland. Just as importantly, I could not ignore the
"check", the uneasiness, the sickening feeling deep in my spirit
telling me something else was wrong-terribly wrong-in this
situation. Like other leaders I tried to push past my uneasiness
with the showmanship, the "bams," the head butts and kneeing,
along with certain experiences and doctrines, all in order to
embrace the good. Like many of my friends I tried to be-and
believe I was-gracious, accepting, ready to think "out of the box",
etc.. But try as I may, the uneasiness in my spirit just wouldn't leave.
I haven't really followed Dutch much in the past several years other then knowing he is involved in putting on The Call and writting a book on intercession.

There is some really good insight in this article, things that as leaders we need to take heed of. I am curious to see how this all shakes out over the next few months. My prayer is that people step up and take responsibility, that they would repent for knowing things were wrong and not doing anything about it. That is my prayer, but I am not optimistic. I have seen way too much spin in the past 20 years. I pray that this time is different.

Labels: ,

Link

I, of course, a newcomer to this blog, but the author does not agree

Post a Comment
Locations of visitors to this page
Add to Google
Follow JoeHolda on Twitter
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates