« Home | Baptism Sunday » | Random Links » | If I were king of the forest...part 1 » | Duch Sheets on Lakeland » | Cornfest '08 » | Hope spring eternal. » | A 1 to 0 kind a week » | I'm back » | Welcome Back » | Tap, Tap, Tap..... » 

Tuesday, September 30, 2008 

On the brink....


...that is what things feel like. We are on the brink of something good, yet also on the brink of total destruction. It is this way in all aspects of my life right now. In regards to the church, it feels like we are on the brink of a big breakthrough. Things are starting to come together. Yet at the same time it feels like everything is falling apart. The tithe is down and the economy is not helping. We are not bringing in enough to cover our basic expenses. Some people who told us that they would be there for us are leaving us (When someone leaves the church it always feels like I'm back in High School. "It's not you, it's me. We can still be friends." Ughhhhh!) I'm even thinking about shutting down the food pantry because we don't have the money to fund it.

Personally, it is the same thing. In one sense, things are looking good. Some issues have become smaller then we first thought, while others seem to be getting worse. It feels like for every step we take forward, we are taking at least one step back somewhere else. Net/net, it is just frustrating.

Heck, it is even happening with the sport teams I follow. The White Sox have given all of us South Sider's sleepless nights since the Minnesota series last week. Who knows what team is going to show up in the playoffs. The Fire are not sure what team they want to be. The team that destroyed New England three time, DC one time and LA twice, or the team that gets blown out by Dallas and Colorado. And lets not even talk about Newcastle United. They are the poster children for dysfunction! Things were so promising when we tied Manchester United back in August. Now I'm just praying that we are still in the Premier League next season.

I know that there are some Kingdom principles here. We live in the almost but not yet. And Cindy and I are experiencing that first hand. I just keep on believing that God is in all of this. That I can trust him....that I must trust him. That somehow, he will always provide and he will always bring us through all of this.

He has in the past, why should he stop now.

Locations of visitors to this page
Add to Google
Follow JoeHolda on Twitter
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates