« Home | Well, we did our first small group last night…I gu... » | I'm sitting here, looking out my window, watching ... » | Cindy and I had dinner with Rand and Amy Tucker ye... » | I often wonder how people like Jordon Cooper do it... » | I found this on Mark Riddle's blog. I find myself... » | Hi, my name is Joe Holda and this is my blog! My ... » | So here it begins....... » 

Wednesday, June 25, 2003 

My system is down again (for work). With all the junk that has happened to my company’s network over the past two weeks, one would be shocked to learn that I work for a network security company!

I got a call from the DeKalb Vineyard yesterday asking me to come on July 6th to preach. My attitude towards that church has really changed over the past week. I have come to the conclusion that Cindy and I have been sent to plant a church, not to take one over. With that said, if the DeKalb Vineyard wants to join what we are doing, great. On the other hand, if they don’t, that’s OK too. I’m over focusing all my attention on “getting a job”. For some reason I want to believe that pastoring is supposed to be more then just a job. When we left Georgia, I never thought that I would look at it as such. But after going through the interview, then the preaching and the other PR stuff, it was starting to feel like one. I really don’t want a job as a pastor. I know from my experiences in the business world that the key to a job is impressing your boss, and his boss, and so on. By turning the pastorate into a job, I think I would attempt to impress my boss – the congregation or the board. I don’t think that’s what God has in mind. I think I’m supposed to listen to Him instead, not to impress, but to obey.

Now perhaps there are pastors out there who are more mature then I and have this all figured out. Unfortunately, the only person I have to look at is me, and I have to take my weakness in to account. I guess what I’m trying to say is that I’ve changed the way I’m praying for that church. In the past, I would pray for them to hear God and make a decision. I now am just praying that God does what he wants there. I would be honored if I was a part of it, but if I’m not, that’s ok. It may not seem like much of a difference, but to me, it has taken a load off my shoulders.

Oh well, they got me up and running again…back to work!

Locations of visitors to this page
Add to Google
Follow JoeHolda on Twitter
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates