« Home | . » | I'm turning into such a geek....I just started run... » | Ignore my previous post....Just when you think eve... » | Never actually realized that anyone other then me ... » | The church's web hosting service has decided to go... » | It's Saturday....it's 9pm. I'm waiting for Cindy t... » | Once again, I start a post with "Well, it's been a... » | I need to start posting more...things have been re... » | BTW - I have some Gmail invites. E-mail my Gmail a... » | I'm not sure why I'm so fascinated by the entire P... » 

Friday, August 19, 2005 

We're doing Streams 101 class this weekend at the church. Dave is in the church teaching and I am sitting here with Matthew and Caleigh at the youth's candy/water/coke table blogging away. (Ain't wireless grand! I'd show you a picture, but T can't figure out how to e-mail pic's from her phone). The two of them are playing the bible version of who wants to be a millionaire. (There taking it somewhat seriously, I'm giving them a hard time. It's good to be the pastor!)

It's been a long tiring week, but it has been an interesting one. God really showed up for Cindy and me. Sunday I mentioned that we needed to get rent. Well, it did not come from the offering, but it showed up later in the week. So much so that we were able to catch up on some of the bills that the church has been running late on (We gonna have some heat this winter!). It has been a hard season, but things are really starting to look up. I think we are going to go into the fall all caught up on the business end of the church. I knew God could do something like that, but I never fully knew how. For the first time in months I'm feeling really good about stuff....I think it is going to be a good fall.

The college kids came back yesterday (nothing like being in Wall-Mart with 25,000 students and their parents). We have a group going out tonight after midnight to give the students pizza once they stumble out of the bars (at about 1am). I'm too tired to do that tonight, but I am excited to see that we have a group going out and doing something out of the box.

I love the fact that they are willing to go into the streets and meet the kids where they are, in the middle of their mess. I can see Jesus doing that. Going out to where the lost are and eating with them. That's just too cool. I think there will be some fruit from our trips out into the street...although it probably won't be the kind of fruit that most would be comfortable with. Perhaps that's the problem that Jesus had. The fruit that he was getting was not the fruit that the religious establishment wanted. You see, we like people who are like us. But most of the people who are like us are already saved...like us. It feels comfortable when people like us come to church. We don't have to explain things, we don't have to change things. But when those who are not like us show up, things get messy. We have to explain what we are doing, we have to be patient with them, we have to help them get through all their junk....who really wants to do that?

me.

dude! i agree with your thoughts, but ya STILL spelled stuff wrong and used the wrong tense of the word their/there! UGH! Next time I'll "spell check for ya... again... " LOL!!!!! Ya know I love ya..........

but seriously.... isn't going out into the streets what gets our blood flowing? isn't that what ministry is all about? what good is the church if it never leaves it's four walls. Jesus didn't sit in a hut and wait for people to come to him. The way I read my Book, that dude walked and walked and walked while he talked and talked and talked. sounds like the right thing to do. COME LORD JESUS! I pray our group tonight truly is JESUS to the students and whoever else "stumbles" out of the bars.

I'd say it was.. and they did stumble. lol... Looks like fruit to me. It may not be perfect, but it's results! Oh, and rain can't stop the "God Pizza Distributors"

Post a Comment
Locations of visitors to this page
Add to Google
Follow JoeHolda on Twitter
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates