« Home | I started a series in Acts this week. I was prayi... » | Well, it’s been a long time since I last blogged. ... » | I hung out last night with the guys at River of Li... » | Hey...I just signed up for something called Indie ... » | Well, it's official. I just got a call from my co... » | My system is down again (for work). With all the ... » | Well, we did our first small group last night…I gu... » | I'm sitting here, looking out my window, watching ... » | Cindy and I had dinner with Rand and Amy Tucker ye... » | I often wonder how people like Jordon Cooper do it... » 

Saturday, August 23, 2003 

Today was my kids’ first soccer game. Life was interesting! Ben’s game was first. Because he is five, they don’t keep score (dad’s on the other hand do, Ben’s team won). Watching little kids run up and down the field with a reckless abandon, not even caring if they are going towards the correct goal will put a smile on anyone’s face. Nathan’s team won a nail bitter (being seven, they do keep score) 2 to 1. Nathan did pretty good, he actually got to kick the ball once! Emily’s team is a tad more professional, being 10 and all. Her team also won, 5 to 0. My little Emily got to plat goalie. This is the first year playing organized soccer, so when the ball came to her, she stopped it from going in the goal, but then was not sure what to do next. Some guy next to me started yelling at her to throw the ball out quicker, and then went on to tell all the parents there that this team needs a new goalie, one who is more aggressive. He then boastfully went on to tell everyone how when he was a baseball coach of nine year olds, he had his team throw at a fellow teammates head so that he would become more aggressive. Needless to say, I wanted to corner kick him right to the next county (in Christian love, of course).

For those who are counting….the Holda Soccer record is 3-0.

For those of you wondering, I just added my sister-in-law’s blog to my list (jen.fleming). In case you’re wondering, this is not a Christian blog. On the other hand, this is definitely a postmodern blog. You know, we Christian leaders love to put out these great brain farts on how church should look, and what we should do to develop community and relationship. Some of us pride our self on being postmodern and being able to think and create like a postmodern (even though many are not). You want to know what a postmodern outside the church thinks about and how they relate to other people, read this blog. If you want to understand what makes them tick and what ticks them off, read this blog. On the other hand, if you get offended really easily and off colored language makes you uncomfortable, then read Mark Riddle’s blog. At least you can get your undies in a bundle by someone who is a pastor.

Oh well, tomorrows Sunday and I need to get up early. Be back later.

Locations of visitors to this page
Add to Google
Follow JoeHolda on Twitter
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates